The Grainfather all in one brewing system will enhance the brew day of every all grain beer brewer no matter what your level of experience. The Grainfather has proved to be a popular pilot set up for breweries and is used in universities for teaching and research due to it's professional functionality, build quality and reliability. For the homebrewer the Grainfather offers outstanding brewhouse technology, flexible brew sizes, the ability to brew craft beer and distil and is simply the best fun you can have while producing exceptional results.
The Grainfather has been developed to give you the technology used in professional breweries such as -
- Solidly constructed 304 brewery stainless steel throughout the unit with a double walled body
- Clear tempered glass lid
- Two heating elements (2kw and 500w) to give full control of the mash and boil in conjunction with an accurate digital timer and temperature control to facilitate accurate single step infusion or decoction mashes without having to watch over it .
- Recirculating magnetic pump with a filter to further control the mash temperature and give crystal clear wort and excellent brewing efficiencies- we've had 95%
- Expandable stainless steel grain sieve for mashing - you can choose to brew smaller brews without losing temperature during the mash
- Gauze hop filter inside the boiler
- Counterflow copper interior wort chiller for rapid easy to use cooling to fermentation temps pumps your cooled wort straight into your fermenting vessel
- Easy to clean, easy to store all in one mash, sparge, boil and cool, saves space and time no need for gas burners
- Connect Control Box in conjunction with the Connect App and the recipe creator or BeerSmith App for the ultimate brewing experience; The control box has Bluetooth connection to your mobile device so it can be controlled remotely. This allows you to multitask or simply relax while brewing and then be alerted when to return to your next step.
- PID algorithm works in conjunction with a triac for more stable heating so you can control power output.
- Programmable step mashing
- Delayed heating - fill your Grainfather with water the night before and wake up to your water at strike temperature ready for brewing straight away!
- Change between celsius and fahrenheit easily.
- Waterproof graphic display.
- Use in manual mode or with App - Grainfather Connect App Features Grainfather Grain Kit recipes provided in the App.
- Ability to import recipes (Beer XML files)
- Grainfather can also be used with the Alembic Dome to craft distill your own brews to spirits and with botanicals.
- The Grainfather has a tried and tested pedigree coming from the people who brought us Still Spirits home distilling systems, and Mangrove Jacks craft brewery yeasts. Comes with a 1 year manufacturers warranty and Brewstore carry all spare parts.
- The Grainfather comes with full easy to follow instructions and loads of online help and videos.
How much beer can the Grainfather make? The Grainfather can be used to mash, sparge, boil and cool all grain beer up to 5 gallons (23 litres max capacity). It can also be used to brew smaller batches 10L and even extract beers that use malt extract which require boiling with hops.
What beer styles can I make using the Grainfather? Anything! Brewstore have a range of Small Batch Brewery recipes made from the freshest malted grains and hop additions along with the right yeast and detailed instructions to give you good results with your Grainfather. You can use any all grain or extract recipe in the Grainfather, and we are happy to help you put the ingredients together as we stock all the raw ingredients for making beer.
The temperature control of the Grainfather makes it easy to alter the mash temperatures and adjust the boil temperature and time - this level of control of your brew means you can experiment with stepped mashes and make any style of beer.
How do I use the Grainfather to distill? The Grainfather is made by the manufacturers of the T500 reflux and Alembic Copper distilling stills. The base unit of the Grainfather can be fitted with the Alembic Copper Condenser and Dome (pot still attachments) to use it as a distilling unit.
What do I use to clean the Grainfather? Use a good quality cleaner and steriliser such as Chemipro Oxi which is a non acidic environmentally friendly oxygen based cleaner throughout your Grainfather, especially when you run steriliser through the wort chiller, as this part of the Grainfather has soft metals which you do not want to use with acid based cleaners such as Star San or Citric acid. If after several uses the inside of your base unit gets scummy with hop and malt deposits we recommend steeping the inside with a mild solution of citric acid which will remove this deposit, but dont use this to run through the wort chiller.
How do I sparge using the Grainfather? As your Grainfather has a recirculating pump which works during the mash to keep the temperature constant, this also makes for a more efficient mash and the top and bottom mesh screens facilitate an even distribution of sparge water. To heat your sparge water use a separate hot liquor tank with an 18L capacity such as the Grainfather Sparge Water Heater, Brupaks Electric boiler or a similar catering quality water heater with a dispensing tap. If you dont have one of these you can boil a kettle or pot of water and add cold water to achieve 70C water. Heat your sparge water during the mash and when complete, lift the internal seive to drain the wort and proceed to sparge. However you heat your sparge water use a jug or fit a sparge arm to the outlet of the water source to gently and consistently pour your sparge water over the top mesh plate to sparge (rinse) your grains.
Covid-19 update - there are no International deliveries, or Saturday specific deliveries or Postal Services just now. Only UK Mainland, UK Islands and Highlands and Ireland deliveries are able to be sent out. Click and Collect is available from our Edinburgh store for collection times please see below;
Our regular courier deliveries are dispatched and delivered to you Monday to Friday (not bank and public holidays.) Service to Mainland UK below;
|UK DELIVERY COURIER (mon-frid)||Spend up to £65||Spend more than £65|
|All UK Mainland inc. Highlands & Isle of Skye||£6.50||FREE|
PLEASE NOTE WE HAVE A MINIMUM ORDER OF £10 THRESHOLD excl. DELIVERY.
Click and Collect: Shop online and have your order picked and ready for collection from our Edinburgh shop.
Just before checkout you have the option of courier delivery or Click and Collect from our Edinburgh Shop -Collection times- once you have been advised your orders is ready to collect, please come along between 10am and 4pm any Monday to Friday to collect your order.
For purchase of L30 (old S30) gas cannisters and 6.35kg CO2 or N20 floor standing gas cylinders - please buy online and collect during the Click and Collect slots - we cannot send these by courier. If you have an empty cylinder to return bring it as the same time as you collect a full one we will refund your card at the Click and collect desk on receipt of an empty cylinder.
To check on the progress of your delivery and make arrangements with the courier for Sheltering deliveries;
Your order status is regularly updated and you can see it's progress by logging into your customer account on the Brewstore website. Once dispatched by us, we cannot change the delivery destination. Parcelforce will text or email you with the day of your delivery with and again with a timed delivery time slot. You can track your parcel on the Parcelforce website or using their App.
Parcelforce standard delivery services include text notification with timed delivery window. If you are not going to be in you can arrange via the text directly with Parcelforce to have your parcel left signed by a neighbour, or redirected to a Local Post Office or re-arrange another delivery date. They will not leave it unsigned unless you have advised them you are sheltering and given them a safe space to leave your parcel in advance when they send you your tracking text.
All couriers now operate with social distancing measures. Once your parcel has been delivered, Parcelforce will text a proof of delivery to us and to your own text number. If you are not home to receive your parcel it will be forwarded to a local post office or left with a neighbour for you to collect and a card will posted to advise which post office you can collect your parcel from.
E Gift Vouchers: - operating as normal
You can choose to email your gift voucher ( to yourself or the recipient) and customise the image and leave a personal message. You can also specify the date the voucher will be emailed to your recipient. This is all available as options on the Gift Voucher page.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Excellent fun Review by Ross
Such an easy to use piece of equipment. Space saver too.
It is worth a you tube video on this as although the instructions are good, its worthwhile seeing it done first. One bit of advice I would give is either buy a tap adapter or screw the included adapter onto the washing machine valve under your sink (turn the valve off first!). (Posted on 10/02/2016)