The Grainfather G40 is our latest brewing system in the GSERIES range. Packed with all of the innovative features you can find in the G30 and G70 plus more, this system is your new best friend for brewing up to 38L of beer and filling 2 x 19L corny kegs. With a max grain bill of 13kg, you can adjust a high ABV recipe to a smaller batch volume, allowing you to brew larger grain bills that can easily go above 9% ABV.
Just like the G30 and G70, you can manage your brew remotely with the smart controller that has built-in wireless connectivity. Simply connect your mobile device to the controller and manage your brew through the FREE Grainfather App. Once connected, you’ll have access to a step-by-step brewing system and thousands of recipes to choose from, or you can even create your own!
- G40 body built out of high grade, 304 stainless steel
- Heats wort evenly with conical shaped surface mounted heating element
- Conical base for maximum wort transfer
- Connect your mobile device to the smart controller with built-in wireless connectivity via the Grainfather App and manage your brew remotely. Our free brewing app has all the tools, calculators and recipes that empower you to create amazing beer at home. Or get creative and design your own with our feature-packed recipe creator!
- Comes with a counterflow wort chiller for a more efficient and sanitary wort transfer
- PID (proportional integral derivative) a specially developed algorithm for managing accurate and consistent mash temperatures
- Quick and easy cleaning with CIP (clean in place) capability
- Integrated sight glass for easy volume reading
- Rolled edge grain plate and perforated basket for easy mashing
- Large bottom mounted hop filter reduces pump and chiller blockages
- We’re confident that our products will produce professional results, just like the craft breweries. That’s why every G40 comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Grainfather G40
- Smart controller with built-in wireless connectivity
- Counterflow wort chiller
- Built-in pump
- Glass lid
- Grain basket lifting bar
- Grain basket
- Recirculation hose
- Grain plate
- Hop filter
- Size: 725 x 555mm
- Weight: 29kg
- Max preboil volume: 46L
- Batch volume: Maximum: 40L | Minimum: 10L
- Grain bill: Maximum: 13kg | Minimum: 3kg
Note: max weight depends on grain crush, type and variety. Large grain bills may also require the use of an additional grain plate.
- Power: NZ/AU: 2300 (10A) - 3300W (15A), 230V | UK: 2900W, 230V | US/EU: 3300W, 230V
- Connectivity: Wireless control
Covid-19 update - there are no International deliveries, or Saturday specific deliveries or Postal Services just now. Only UK Mainland, UK Islands and Highlands and Ireland deliveries are able to be sent out. Click and Collect is available from our Edinburgh store for collection times please see below;
Our regular courier deliveries are dispatched and delivered to you Monday to Friday (not bank and public holidays.) Service to Mainland UK below;
|UK DELIVERY COURIER (mon-frid)||Spend up to £65||Spend more than £65|
|All UK Mainland inc. Highlands & Isle of Skye||£6.50||FREE|
PLEASE NOTE WE HAVE A MINIMUM ORDER OF £10 THRESHOLD excl. DELIVERY.
Click and Collect: Shop online and have your order picked and ready for collection from our Edinburgh shop.
Just before checkout you have the option of courier delivery or Click and Collect from our Edinburgh Shop -Collection times- once you have been advised your orders is ready to collect, please come along between 10am and 4pm any Monday to Friday to collect your order.
For purchase of L30 (old S30) gas cannisters and 6.35kg CO2 or N20 floor standing gas cylinders - please buy online and collect during the Click and Collect slots - we cannot send these by courier. If you have an empty cylinder to return bring it as the same time as you collect a full one we will refund your card at the Click and collect desk on receipt of an empty cylinder.
To check on the progress of your delivery and make arrangements with the courier for Sheltering deliveries;
Your order status is regularly updated and you can see it's progress by logging into your customer account on the Brewstore website. Once dispatched by us, we cannot change the delivery destination. Parcelforce will text or email you with the day of your delivery with and again with a timed delivery time slot. You can track your parcel on the Parcelforce website or using their App.
Parcelforce standard delivery services include text notification with timed delivery window. If you are not going to be in you can arrange via the text directly with Parcelforce to have your parcel left signed by a neighbour, or redirected to a Local Post Office or re-arrange another delivery date. They will not leave it unsigned unless you have advised them you are sheltering and given them a safe space to leave your parcel in advance when they send you your tracking text.
All couriers now operate with social distancing measures. Once your parcel has been delivered, Parcelforce will text a proof of delivery to us and to your own text number. If you are not home to receive your parcel it will be forwarded to a local post office or left with a neighbour for you to collect and a card will posted to advise which post office you can collect your parcel from.
E Gift Vouchers: - operating as normal
You can choose to email your gift voucher ( to yourself or the recipient) and customise the image and leave a personal message. You can also specify the date the voucher will be emailed to your recipient. This is all available as options on the Gift Voucher page.